I am proud to say I have lived in Illinois all of my life; living in unincorporated Lake County since 1989. My children and grandchildren live in Lake County and attend public schools here.
My focus is on understanding the issues facing the residents of the 7th district, and developing fiscally responsible solutions to issues like healthcare, jobs and economic development, transportation, environmental protection, and preservation of Lake County's human and natural history.
For me, fulfilling the role of County Commissioner requires full time focus. I currently serve on the following committees:
- Lake County Board Member
- Health and Community Services Committee, Chair
- Finance Committee
- Energy And Environmental Committee
- Rules Committee – Vice Chair
- Ethics Committee
- Ad Hoc Government consolidation Committee-Vice Chair
- Liquor Control Commission
- Winchester House Advisory Committee
- Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee
- Health and Community Development Committee (ex officio)
- Lake County Forest Preserves Commissioner
- Forest Preserves Finance Committee
- Lake County Board of Health
- Board of Health Finance Committee – Chair
- Board of Health Executive Committee
- Board of Health Personnel Committee
- United Way Board of Directors
- United Way 211 Fundraising Committee Chair
- United WAY 211 Advisory Council
It has been my honor to serve on the Lake County Board for the last 17 years. My district includes most of Gurnee and portions of Third Lake and Gages Lake.